1.6
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time
Poster decreased review rating.

I had Grease Monkey do a front differential service along with an oil change.The first time I had the vehicle up to speed on the highway, my transmission blew out.

Had the car towed to the dealership for inspection. They asked if anyone had done a differential service recently and I informed them that Grease Monkey had. Grease Monkey will not honor their warranty because Subaru touched it. They have admitted fault, but they want to replace my transmission and differential with a used one that they found online.

This will void my factory warranty of 100k miles on the CVT transmission.

My car only has 40k miles on it.I hate Grease Monkey with the fiery passion of a thousand volcanoes.

Review about: Grease Monkey Oil Change.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Have Subaru install a trasmission that they can warranty.

Had an Experience with Grease Monkey?

Comments

Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States #1355612

Mr.Smith I appreciate the time that was taken to review Grease Monkey.

Your Subaru had problems approximate 60 miles after your service. You had your vehicle towed to another facility where the fluid was removed and discarded. I was given no opportunity to inspect the vehicle or verify the claim of the wrong fluid being installed. I do not question there was something amiss with the services performed, but have no way of verifying of a service or lubiracant issue.

In this situation it is very important to know where the malfunction came from. On the invoice you received it states.

Grease Monkey limited warrantee protects you against defect in materials or workmanship for up to 90 days or 3,000 miles whichever comes first. This warranty is void if anyone alters or tampers with Grease Monkey service center products or when corrective action is taken without prior consent from this Grease Monkey center

I have offered to replace your transmission with a transmission with less miles then your current vehicle at my cost. Offered you an in house warrantee that matches your current warrantee from Subaru.

This is required to make the situation right. You are demanding a new transmission be installed at the cost of 6,000 this is outside of my responsibility and unreasonable.

To anyone that reads this review I live, shop, work and raise my children in this community. Grease Monkey takes pride in the services we provide. I stand by and...

Although we are not perfect we try our best every day to do what is right.

Im sorry Mr. Smiths vehicle is having trouble and would like the opportunity to fix them under terms that are fair to all parties involved.

If there are any questions regarding this review I can be reached directly on the number below.Tyson Daniels Owner Grease Monkey Idaho 208-521-4788

to Tyson Daniels Sioux City, Iowa, United States #1355704

My car came into your shop with a working transmission and a Subaru warranty on the CVT.I want it to come out with a working transmission and a Subaru warranty.

Your warranty doesn't have the value that a Subaru warranty has. I only want what I have lost restored.

That isn't unreasonable.Attempting to solve the problem in the manner that is cheapest for you at the expense of the value of my vehicle is unreasonable.